Although not great photography! The glasses can be tricky to read from a distance, I picked them purposely because of the lines that went around (making it easier to get the lettering straight) however it has in some ways backfired!
24 November 2009
I continued using Letraset on glasses for the recipe project. I used tall glasses for main courses and smaller ones for cocktails. I definitely think this idea could be pushed forward in many ways. The cocktail glasses had a lot of interest, but perhaps each glass should contain the whole recipe instead of spread over two/ three glasses so that people at parties etc could make their own drink. There could also be measures on the actual glass?
Posted by Chi Jane Gavhure at 10:19
In order to combine all of the work I had done on the ads I decided to create a layout similar to ads in a newspaper and of roughly the same size.
I think the 'cube' shape ads work well in this format, I would like to try a page of similar shapes.
Posted by Chi Jane Gavhure at 10:04
11 November 2009
7 November 2009
'How could you turn these messages into an Opera Oratorio of great typographic importance'
I'm really enjoying this typography project. I've worked with a selection of Trade and Private Ads we were given and got stuck in taking the words apart, changing lettering and mixing up layouts.
I begun by working on graph paper and only by hand. The paper is great for constructing layouts and type. Working by hand made me pay a lot more attention to the formation of letters and their positioning on a page.
Posted by Chi Jane Gavhure at 16:11
I'm continuing with the 'recipe cups' idea. I've experimented with Letraset on on glasses. I think it looks clean cut and quite sleek. I want to play around with lights, possibly, under the glasses to see if there is any decent projections of the recipe onto a kitchen surface.
Posted by Chi Jane Gavhure at 15:39
4 November 2009
1 November 2009
Redesigning the recipe book!
After getting the brief for this project I checked out all my recipe books (most unused) at home. Although many had good layouts, beautiful pictures and easy to read lots of people just don't use them... so perhaps its the book format which isn't working.
I begun thinking about how recipes could be incorporated into kitchens so they were just as part of the kitchen as pans, spoons and cups.
My first idea was to create kitchen tiles that had recipes printed on, however I soon realised this idea had many floors as you would end up with set recipes fixed to your wall. So I've started looking at objects that can be stored and changed easily that could have recipes on.
Posted by Chi Jane Gavhure at 18:24