27 April 2010

Home Project

I decided to use my Granny's house for this project, as it's the only house I've known all my life. She is also moving this year so it's a great opportunity to bring together memories of the objects there. The house is called Geufron and is in Wales, it's an old farm house with a barn and about 3 acres of land. As a child I loved being able to explore and run off with my cousins without our parents right behind us. Lots of the objects in the house and the farm have family stories, memories and anecdotes to go along with them. I begun collecting photographs and making sketches of my personal favourite things. I've been playing around with the objects creating patterns etc. From a young age my Granny taught me to play lots of card games so the patterns are inspired by the picture cards from a deck.




No comments: